Attorney Zeb Ogueri – How to Obtain a green Card

Attorney  Zeb Ogueri : In order to be authorized to live and work permanently in the United States even if you are not a Native American citizen, you need to have the so-called permanent resident card or the Green Card . The USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) is the body that grants the immigration Green Card.

There are many ways on how you can acquire the Green Card. Some people were granted with the card through the help of family members or employers, which are US citizens. It can also be acquired obtaining an asylum or refugee status. You are eligible if you fall into one of the immigrant categories, have a qualifying immigrant petition, have an immigrant visa, and are admissible to the US.

Immigration Deportation Reasons and What One Can Do

  • Committed a crime.
  • Created false information and pretended that he was a US citizen when applying for citizenship.
  • Passport has already expired.
  • Has invalid immigration visa.
  • Stayed more than the time permitted by proper authorization.
  • Created false documents.
  • Voted illegally on any state, county, local government, etc.
  • Involved in a deportable felony.
  • Failed to register at the right time.

There are a lot more reasons for an immigration deportation and there are a lot of ways to relieve someone from being totally deported as the immigration and naturalization law indicates. However, not everyone is given that second chance and thereby given a forced exit from the USA with five to twenty year restriction.

Many people who went under the same circumstances are asking the same question, “What do I do now after being deported from the US by immigration officials? Will I be able to go back in the shortest time?” The answer is, yes. Here is a list of some ways to get possible re-entry:

  • Complete immigration Form I-212 and request for a special permission to lift the punishment earlier.
  • Find a way to show that being deported from the USA will cause extreme hardship to someone (a close relative, child, parent, spouse, or friend).
  • Hire a lawyer to smoothen out the complications. Contact an immigration lawyer to help you in your case.

Being deported is not easy so make sure to follow the laws and guidelines to ensure that this does not happen to you. The hassle and money that you are going to waste is not worth it if you could just be a good citizen of the country that you are staying. It is advisable to seek a good immigration lawyer or deportation defense attorney.